Curb Appeal is the overall appeal of a residence, inside and out. When thinking about curb appeal, just think to yourself, does this look good?
Some fun facts:
- Staged homes with curb appeal sell 5% faster
- for 6- 10% more profit
- 90% of buyers cannot see a home’s potential
- a buyer decides in 30 seconds whether they are interested in the home
- Curb Appeal may increase the value of your home by 15-20%
With this in mind, we at Monarch Paving have 10 ways to increase your home’s curb appeal over a long weekend.
1. Edge the Driveway. A how to video is included below.
This gives the home a crisp, elegant look. It also provides clear lines when coming in and out of a driveway.
2. Install lights along the side walk.
This increases your safety as you walk from the street to the home. It also provides a welcoming feeling as soon as you walk up.
3. Plant flowers.
This is the easiest, most cost effective, way to increase your home’s curb appeal. Whether it is in boxes, beds or along the driveway, flowers can make a big impact. Make sure to ask your local nursery for recommendations for plants that thrive in your area.
4. Cover up dead spots in the lawn.
There is not a lot more unappealing than a lawn with dead spots. You can use seeds coated in fertilizers from your local hardware store to spot cure smaller areas.
5. Paint front door.
A simple coat of paint can hide all the dents, scratches and imperfections in your front door. A beautiful front door is the icing on the cake for your home. It sets the tone from inside to out.
6. Update/Edge Flower beds.
Like the edged driveway, this just gives a finished look to the outdoor space. it can be done in a similar fashion to edging a driveway, without all the hassle of sawing asphalt.
7. Replace Gutters and Downspots. New and shiny copper gutters and downspouts are the best for increasing curb appeal. This is costly. Alternatively, making sure that everything functions properly, is clean, and is the correct color will help in the overall look of the house.
8. Create Symmetry.
Symmetry has been known to be appealing to the human eye for years. Framing the doorway with flower pots, lights or windows can make all the difference.
Doorknobs, knockers, or railings. It is one of the most cost effective ways to increase the curb appeal of your home. On a very limited budget, you can change the overall feel of the home with these few accessories.
Paving, or re-paving your driveway helps with the finished look of the home. things like cracks, potholes and growing plants in your driveway can give your home a dated look. A new coat of asphalt can fix all of this, just check out our Before Monarch article.